Thursday, June 19, 2008

Week coming to a close

I wish I could sleep like this again


Christian busting balls for some milk, how can you say no to that face.
My beautiful baby girl

This week has gone by pretty fast for me. I'm finally back on a consistent bike training schedule. The ride at the point was fast today. Heavy hitters Ken and Nima were putting on the hurt. They put in a few attacks and I tried going with them. I didn't last very long. Ken and Nima just rode me off their wheels. The funny thing is 2 months ago I would have stayed right there with them. Like I said in an earlier post, I'm missing that top end I had 2.5 months ago. Its hard maintaining that kind of form all year around. It just can't be done in my opinion. You have to break down sometimes in order to rebuild again. It will come back though. Its hard to maintain any motivation to train when I'm pretty much not racing the rest of the year. I have my eyes on the Page Valley Road Race in late August. It is the MABRA Senior Championship Road Race. If I went I would do the CAT 3 which consist of 63 miles. I believe the race is in the Shenandoah area. This area is known for some serious climbing. I would have to lose an extra 5-6 lbs before this race. I'm at 190lb right now. I guess I'll cut down on the peanut butter.

On the family end, its good to have my wife and kids back home. Things are back to normal; crying baby girl, Christian busting my balls for some milk, Roxy the dog fighting me for the bed covers and my wife.....well she's actually been my support. Thanks babe.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I took last week totally off the bike and I've come back with my top end reinstated (and ready to roar to great heights!)

Tony said...

You go homie...I'll go looking for mine in the mean time.

JB-from-EPT-Age-grouper said...

Okay I am caught up! Things are looking up loco! You are doing triathlons again....I actually have time on my hands again to train....I like it! Anyway, I am in Lubbock, TX right now. I am here to watch MATTS do the Ironman!