Monday, June 9, 2008

HOLY CRAP ITS HOT

We didn't get to do very much this weekend. Its been hotter than a joggers nut sack in the summer time. The temps down here are in the high 90's with almost 100 percent humidity. We have a heat advisory through Wed I think. Being from the southwest you would think I'm accustomed to the heat. The humidly just kicks my ass though.

I skipped this weekends racing to just train. To be honest I think my season is pretty much over. With the new baby, time is just limited right now. I've also been busy at work so I haven't been able to train at the Haines Pt noon ride. I've pretty much have just been running for the last two weeks to not lose any of my bike fitness.

Saturday morning me and my teammate Matt went out for a 2.5 hour training ride. First hour of the ride we had this intense fog. We could barely see 10ft in front of us. We almost bagged the ride due to the fact that maybe the cars wouldn't see us. We only had about 5 miles to reach Mason Neck Park where it is generally safe from vehicles, so we decided to proceed. The ride was good. Afterwards Matt came in to meet our new little girl Matea. Roxy our dog finally took a liking to Matt. The heat got so intense throughout the day that Erin and I decided to go do our shopping early. We hit up Costco for diapers and baby supplies. The kids pretty much slept through the whole thing. My buddy Wade and his wife came by the house late afternoon. Wade brought his Buell Motorcycle. We gave the motor bikes a nice wash then we hit up Old Town in Alexandria. Mind you that it's 100 degrees. I must have sweat half my body weight on that 1 hour ride to Old Towne.

Sunday morning I went on my regular training ride out of Old Towne. It was actually hotter Sunday. The training ride starts at 8:30 and pretty much ends at 11:30. 3 hours in the hot ass sun. The ride was intense as usual and two guys from our pack succumbed to the heat and got dropped. They know the way home so we kept going strong. Went home after the ride and Erin the kids and I just sat inside all day. Its to damn hot to go out. I think we might get some relief from the heat this weekend. I see mid 80s in the forecast. Oh yeah we are also heading to the beach again to see the in laws for fathers day. I'll try and take some pics.

Thanks for reading

1 comment:

Steven Montoya said...

Congratulations on the new addition to the family, 2 kids is awesome. I'm not sure if you are able to view my blog because it is password protected but shoot me an email and I'll send you an invitation. It's my first and last name @q.com

Later bro!