Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A KICK START!!!!

At the request of others, and not many, I've decided to kick start this blog again. I haven't had much to blog about. The kiddos are keeping me busy as is the wifey.

I know I'm going to burn some ears when I say this "I'm going back to my roots of multi sport racing next year." You can uncover your ears now roadies!!! Honestly I just miss it. Also, I had an easier time making the podium in multi sport. In my years of road racing the closest I've come to the podium is 5th.

I may make my return to bike racing when I can race Masters 35+. I always enjoyed racing masters 30+ before it was changed to 35+. I'm 32 so in the meantime I'll fill the void with some duathlon and triathlon.

My training is going well. I'm up to running 30-35 miles per week with long runs on the weekend. Bike wise I'm only riding tues - thurs. My running schedule goes Friday - Monday. I'm still trying to figure out where to fit in the swim schedule. If I can get 2 swim sessions a week that will work. I feel that with the running mileage, I don't have to put as much time on the bike right now. I feel pretty strong on the bike at the moment and would like to just ride for maintenance at this point.

I'm going to make an attempt to race 3 multisport races before the end of this racing season. Here's the schedule, August 16, September 13, and October 11.

that's it for now...I leave you with some training photos from Hanes Pt.


Self Portrait


The one and only Puerto Rican at the Pt., Jose


Matt B, winner of the Hagerstown CAT 4 championship


Mike C motorpacing us the pt. last week Wed.

5 comments:

KMAX said...

Good stuff! Glad to hear it.

What races are you planning on? If you're interested and it can be done, my bro-in-law is probably out for Nation's Tri so his spot should be up for grabs. I'll double check that with him. Let me know if you might want it.

I'll be doing the Pittsburgh Sprint this weekend as my frist Tri of the year. Should be fun.

Sigberto Garcia said...

Jose ain't the only Puerto Rican at the point, pal ;-).

Tony said...

Kmax,
Aug 16th race is at Lums Pond State Park in Deleware. It is both a DU and TRI.

Sept 13 is also in DE. That is just a TRI.

Oct 11 is in Reheboth Beach at Cape Henelopen. Both a TRI and a DU.

I'll pass on the Nation's TRI. Thanks for asking though Will be a goal for next year though. Good luck this weekend. Make sure to post your results. I want to know what I'm up against ;)

Greg said...

I think Jose is the only PR at the point at lunch time, which is when the cool kids go.

Steven Montoya said...

Not only are you finally posting again, you are going to go back to triathlons too!!

What Garmin do you have? I have the forerunner 305 and I am really glad I got it on sale at Best Buy.

Glad to hear from you bro!