Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Busted Chain

Yesterday on Uncle Pete's Hill ride I busted my chain which saw me lose ground on the group very quickly. I was last rider so no one was aware of my problem. Luckily I was able to rig it so that I could soft pedal home. The bike needs a complete tune up (New cables, chain and rear cassette) Ebay here I come!!

As for the weekend, the running went well. Ran 12miles Sat. and 10 miles on Monday. I was suppose to do a 5k tempo run on Sunday but the heat on Saturday's run got to me. I did the entire 12 miles with the kids in the double jogger. I forgot how semi hilly the Mt. Vernon trail can be south of Belle Haven Marina. I guess you can say I bonked the last 3 miles. The positive thing about running on the Mt. Vernon trail is all the running groups there. They have plenty of water stations. I don't know if its cool that I drink their water but I think it was a well deserved water break. You try running 12 miles with two screaming monkeys in a double jogger.

I clocked an ok time for Saturday's run despite the hot conditions. I ran with my Garmin 305 and here is the info.

Distance 12 miles
time 1 hr 29 min
Pace/mile 7 min 29 sec

Today is a sprint workout on the bike with Mr. Bad ass Art Brown and Matt B. Should be fun, NOT!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

was the point dry today? (wed)

Tony said...

Not sure. I was hoping someone could tell me. I know the sprinklers are still out there, but not sure if they are running.

Nike Requin Pas Cher said...

Selon
chaussures nike pas cher cette liste établie par le quotidien Le Monde, les parabènesseraient présents aussi bien dans des dentifrices que dans des médicaments utilisés en chimiothérapie anticancéreuse ou encore des crèmes comme la Biafine, des sirops contre la toux sèche pour les enfants et pour les adultes