Wednesday, April 1, 2009

7 pound face off !!!!!!!

Yesterday while doing the hill ride in Arlington I realized I can stand to lose an extra 10 lbs. I don't want to start sounding like that anorexic Kyle Jones, but it needs to be done.

So in order to get the motivation to do it Matt B. (haines pt regular) and myself made a bet. The first to lose the most weight by May 1st, wins a Jug of Hammer Gel, $19.95 value. The bet starts today April 1.

Here are the quick facts. I'm at 199lbs. Matt is at about 182lbs. I want to be at least 190lbs and Matt is shooting for 175lbs. First to lose 7 pounds or nearest to it by May 1, is the winner.

I may have the advantage though. I have the weight to loose, Matt on the other hand, is a slim fit 182lbs. That douche is already playing dirty though. He knows I'm a sucker for pumpkin scones so he sent me this picture via e-mail yesterday.

Jokes on him though. Pumpkin scones are out of season.

I've never been one to ponder on my weight. I'm always around 200lbs and I feel comfortable there. The last time I weighed 185 lbs I was doing Tris and training for IRONMANS.

I blame my heavy frame on all the weight lifting I did during my college baseball days. I was around 230lbs of solid Burrito eating Mexican. I had to beat away the honeys with a fungo bat. By the way, fungo bats are not very effective on the big girls.

So Matt, its on. BTW Matt, I like the banana flavored Hammer Gel.

8 comments:

wrobb said...

embrace your thickness, el carne.

Matt said...

i'm only planning to lick a stamp for my nutrients today.....oh, and everyday this month i'm gonna start wearing one of those garbage-bag sweatsuits to work.

Kyle Jones said...

Good luck to ya bud. I am hovering at high 180's. It is hard man to lose the weight. I feel good and at least think I look good. I want to be 185 but not going to stress the 3 pounds.

Unknown said...

Won't be that hard, just twice a week do a long ride that will help you. Then after the ride eat some Tacos al pastor... with few modelos thats my diet and it work.

Tony said...

I'm more of a Tecate guy but I do love some Tacos al pastor. Viva Mexico!!

Chuck Hutcheson said...

Matt is all ready thin! If you don't beat him, you deserve to ballon out to 250 lbs. I wonder if there are any bets Matt will take up with me.

Danny Montoya said...

Maybe you need to start training for Iroman again ;-)

Anonymous said...

big boned girls like you are sexy.