Monday, April 13, 2009

Haines Pt. REVIVAL !!!!!

After contemplating with myself whether to go to Hains Pt or not for fear of tourists, I decided to go scout it out anyway.

I figured screw it, it's Monday, I'll just roll easy and get in a recovery ride after Sundays training ride. Well it didn't turn out that way. There wasn't the usual large noon crowd but enough guys to get in a nice tempo ride.

Then the "Muscle" appears!! You don't see the Muscle very often at the pt. I'm sure most folks already know the Muscle but for my southwest readers, its Russ Langley of Harley Davidson Batley cycles Team.

It seems the Muscle didn't show up to just tool around. He was actually there to get a work out as was Harley's Sean Barrie. On one of the laps they (Sean Barrie and the Muscle) were off the front. It took me about half a lap with the rest of the group to tow them back, but as I made the final bridge, the Muscle decided to counter off of Sean Barrie's wheel.

At the start of the next lap I decided to go with the Muscle for a lap. We broke away for the entire lap with the rest of the group in chase. Let's just say I was a bit out of my comfort zone, while he looked calm and collected.

I would say I need more days like that at the pt, but the Muscle isn't always there, Oh yeah, wait I forgot!! That's why we have Chuck Hutch. Game on then!!

The moral of the story is that Hains Pt is almost back to normal.
Bye for now

1 comment:

Jesse said...

solid!

Good to hear the crowds (non-cyclsits) are getting smaller at lunch.