Tuesday, March 31, 2009

First full weekend of racing coming right up!!

Walkersville and Tysons will be my first road race and circuit race of the year. As of lately I've been racing on the dirt so this will be a welcomed change.

Saturday's Walkersville will be a true test to all the training I put into the off season. Since there is no CAT 3 only race and they've done away with the 30+ field which is now 35+, I'll be doing the PRO 1,2,3 race. I don't mind the whole change. I should be racing PRO 1,2,3 anyhow. What's the saying, "To get faster, train and race with faster peeps." YEAH I GUESS. Distance will be 70 miles. Last year I did the 30+ which was 50 miles. Its not the extra 20 miles I'm worried about, its the extra 20 miles at balls out speed that makes the race day butterflies want bust straight our of my ahole and into a Walkersville Porta John.

Next on to Sunday will be the Tyson's circuit race. I signed up for the CAT 3 only race. Normally I would double up and do the PRO 1,2,3 race, but this year with the whole economic shit storm I'm cutting back.

Well, I'm off soon to do Uncle Pete's hill ride in Arlington. Bye for Now.

4 comments:

wrobb said...

bye for now eric

Kyle Jones said...

haha.

Greg said...

wasnt it just an extra 20$ to do the 123 at Tysons?

Tony said...

That an extra twenty bucks to buy formula for my 11 month baby girl.