Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Solid training weekend

With the 3 day weekend come and gone I got in 2/5 days of solid training. Saturday morning the plan was to go mountain bike in Wakefield Park for 2 hours. It was a wishful plan, but Murphy's law intervened. I flatted twice in the span of 30 minutes. Being out of spare tubs and Co2 cartridges we had to turn around in order to get back before my tire was completely flat. I was friggin pissed. It ruined my morning. By the time I got home I just shrugged it off and went with Erin and the kids to the pool.

Sunday morning I completely made up for Sat. I got up early and went on a 6 mile run with Roxy. Afterwards I went and did my regular 2.5hr Sunday morning hammer ride from Old Towne @ 8:30am. The early morning run really loosened up my legs for the ride. Between myself, my teammate Matt, Team ABRT's Art Brown, and Team Nissan's Chris we absolutely hammered the ride. We dropped the entire group within the first 30 minutes. We kept going and never looked back. I felt kind of bad for the rest of the group, but that's how it goes. I think we made it back to the coffee shop in record time. The rest of the group straggled in maybe 10-15 minutes later. Sorry guys. When I got home Erin the kids and I went to Party World to look for costumes for Christian's B-Day party coming up soon in Oct. We also went to Old Navy to find a bathing suit for Erin. Christian starts swimming lessons next Sunday. Matea and I will be checking out mommy and Big C in the water doing their thing.

Monday was the hardest training day of them all. We did and epic 3.5 hours on the Mountain Bikes. I was completely hammered at the end. I started bonking the last 20 minutes. The ride consisted of Matt, Wade and myself. We started from Wade's house out the fire roads, then headed to Fountain Head State Park. Fountain Head really tests your fitness and your technical skills. I went down twice and landed on my elbow the first time. Its a little swollen this morning but I still have full range of motion with it. It was just intense. You feel cleansed after a ride like that. You don't have a choice but to give it your all otherwise you may never make it out of Fountain Head. When I got home Erin, the kids, Roxy and I went for a walk to the playground to watch Christian go up and down the slides. Matea just chilled in her stroller. Later that evening we went and had dinner at Pane Vino with the Jennings and the Anderssons. It was a nice way to end the day. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

The Running Chemist said...

When I grow up, I want to be like you!

Danny Montoya said...

Dude! 3.5 hours on MTB is MASSIVE!!

Way to go :)