Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mama's Big Race

Mama's two biggest Fans


Erin has been getting ready for her duathlon coming up this weekend, Sept. 28th. She is very excited. duathlon is a first for her. She's no stranger to running though. She has done the Cherry Blossom 10 miler, the Army 10 miler and ran the Baltimore half marathon. I refer to her as SUPER MOM. All that and handling two kids????? You decide.

So the distance of the race is a 1.5 mile run, 14 mile bike and then a 3.5 mile run for the last leg. I'm excited for her as well. I decided to sit this one out to give her my full support. Me and Christian will be rooting for her at the race while little Matea hangs out at Grandma's house.

My season has officially been over for some time now. I've been hitting the Mountain Biking hard for I'm already in off season training. I'm running 3-4 times a week. I plan on starting a weight training schedule soon. I want to get more serious about my racing next year. I'm also going to mix in some multi sport and maybe to 12hour MTB race as well.

Its been hard racing this year with the addition of our little one. I was happy to take most of the season off to help Mama with kids and around the house. Priorities first.

I will be Erin's official photographer this weekend so stay tuned for some pics.

Later

No comments: