Thursday, January 29, 2009

Training through the Winter Blues

















I guess we were about due for some winter weather. Tuesday we got snow then Tuesday night through Wednesday morning was freezing rain. I grew up in the Southwest so winters around here bumb me out.

The day wansn't a complete loss though. My son christian enjoyed playing in the snow. Second, I was able to get a ride in on the mountain bike.

Like I said, I managed to get some riding in Tuesay after most of the snow had fallen. I took me about 2.5 hours to cover 23.5 miles on the moutain bike. I drove down to Burke Lake and did a loop in there. Its about 5 miles long. That part was fun. I then headed out of Burke lake on the bike path to the Laurel Hill loop. The bike path was awesome because no one had been on it yet. The moutain bike tires roll better through fresh snow. Once inside Laurel Hill, I must have busted my ass about 5 times. The loop there is also about 5 miles. It didn't go very smooth and took me quite a while to complete the loop. On the way back to Burke Lake, I busted my ass once more on the bike path. I lost my focus and ended up riding off the bike path and hitting the lip of a driveway and down I went. I went down hard enough to tear my leg warmers. I felt like a complete dumbass. Luckily no one saw me look like a pathetic loser.

Wednesday all I did was hit the weightroom for my weight and plyometrics workout. Today, Thursday I ran a hard 10 mile run of which almost left me puking. My time was about 1 hr and 2 min.

That's it for now. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Danny Montoya said...

You're hard core bro! :). Way to "Harden The F Up"!

chris said...

The family shots are very nice.