Thursday, August 7, 2008

What I've been up to!!!





I suck at blogging. It's almost like another thing I have to get motivated for. So last entry I said I got a new Single Speed MTB. Right now I have it at my local bike shop. I'm converting it to a 9spd drive train. The frame is a rigid steel with no suspension. Since I got it, I have been on four rides. I live out by some fire roads which are pretty much single track trails around Fairfax County. With no suspension you can imagine I get beat to hell. I love it though. I feel like I just put in 2 hours in the weightroom. I've had one crash already but nothing bad.

My training partner, Wade on the other hand had a nasty spill this past Saturday. I thought he broke his hand but luckily didn't. I had to laugh afterwards because it was funny. I can't tell you how much I enjoy MTB. Its totally different from road racing. For one you don't have to worry about auto traffic. Its just you and the trail. Second, I can't imagine I won't get stronger on the road bike riding that 23 pound steel frame with nobby tires.

Trainnig is still going pretty good. I have taken some time off from running only to put more miles on the bike. I'm still on target for the Page Valley MABRA championships, Aug 24th. BUT all that can change when you have kids.

The kids are doing great. My boy, now 21 months is talking up a storm. He pretty much repeats everything he hears and damn does he have a good memory. My little girl is now almost three months old and is more beautiful by the day. Fatherhood is awesome but challenging. Not much else to report. Here are some pics of the kids and the new JAMIS MTB.

1 comment:

Danny Montoya said...

Cool bike bro! I love MTB!! Just wish I had more time for it!!!

Keep up the posts, even if it's just once a week or so, we still are interested in what is going on in your life!

"keep the rubber side down!"