Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Late 5 de Mayo Posting

I know I promised you a cinco de Mayo special but I got tied up all weekend doing yard work and bike training. Know this though, I did pound my share of TECATE beers with limones and salt. We even had dinner at El Paso Mexican Restaurant in Springfield, VA where I managed to down a steak and bean burrito the size of my head.

To give you a quick history lesson, 5 de Mayo signifies the battle at puebla against the French. Most people think it is Mexican Independence but no. That date is 16 de Septiembre, Mexican Independence from Spain.

You might ask yourself, why is this guy (me that is) so pro Mexicano? Well, I was raised on the Texas/Mexico border. The majority of my family lies on the Mexican side of the border. My mother is from Chihuahua by birth. I'm very proud of my roots. BUT I am an American and proud of it. I'm a hard working Chicano. I've always been a Mexican and not a Mexican't. So with that I hope you all enjoyed your cinco de mayo.

On the training end, had a great Sat and Sun of on the bike. Did an easy recovery ride Monday followed by a hard 10k run that evening. Yesterday was a super fast day at the pt. I got in a break with Chuck from Harley (that guy is an animal) and Nima. We manged to stay away the entire time. It was hard on me being with those two motor heads. Today will be more of the same at the pt. I hope to initiate a break and see if we can make it work again. Hasta Luego.

P.S. No baby yet. Still waiting. C'mon baby have my baby already

3 comments:

Danny Montoya said...

La Raza Rules!!!

RayMan AKA StingRay said...

Happy Belated Cinco de Mayo

Won't be coming to the Point for a while, I separated my shoulder in a Poolesville crash.

Pretty bummed since I was really looking forward to the race like conditions at the Point.

Tony said...

Ray, I read about your crash. I'm sorry to hear you'll be off the bike for a bit. Give yourself some time to recover though. The point will be there when you get back. It's always race conditions at the point :)