Friday, May 2, 2008

Ahhh the weekend has arrived

Took a day off the bike today and decided to go for a run at lunch. Did about 10 miles in 1hr and 6 min. I felt pretty good the first half and stuggled through the second half. I think I went out to hard. I came from a triathlon background before I started cycling full time. I was always a pretty good runner. I still enjoy running. I don't run as much as when I was doing triathlons but I still put in some decent miles per week. This might sound odd, but when I run, I feel I recover better from the hard days on the bike. It just might be muscle memory from my tri days.

No much planned for the weekend, other than maybe our baby girl will be born. It's driving me nuts that she's hasn't come yet. That aside, we are having brunch with some friends tomorrow morning. I'll try and get out early for a 1.5 hr ride before that. Sunday will be a routine Old Towne to Gunston ride. AND stay tuned for my 5 de mayo special. Have a great weekend.

No comments: