Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Soccer and training


This past weekend my soon to be 3 year old started soccer. Its amazing how fast they grow. I feel like it was just yesterday we were taking him home from the hospital. We also took along our 16 month old little girl and she wanted to be in on the action. I enjoy watching them discover new things and most of all just being kids enjoying life.
On the training end, I put in some long running miles this weekend. Yesterday I finally made myself start a regimented speed workout. Its been awhile since I did a structured speed workout. With the duathlon and 10 mile race looming I want to make sure I have some kick for those final miles. I'm still riding about 3 times a week just for maintenance

Here is the speed workout:
2 mile warm up
4 X 1 mile repeats with 200 meter recovery jog in between sets.
2 mile cool down.
Total mileage 8 miles not counting 200 meter recover jogs.

My times were good, but lost time by the fourth set. The goal was to maintain the same pace for each mile. I may have started out to hard. By the fourth one was I was losing my kick. Things to think about and work on.
Forgot to mention the workout was done on the C & O Canal. Great place for mile repeats.

Here are my times
Mile 1 was 5 min 58 sec
Mile 2 was 6 min 5 sec
Mile 3 was 6 min 7 sec
Mile 4 was 6 min 11 sec.

All for now check back later.

2 comments:

Steven Montoya said...

I just had my XC kids do a similar workout today. It's amazing what a person can do when they are able to get over that "that's too hard" mentality. My top 4 boys who need to start running 17:XX were able to do only 3 mile repeats and they were more like 6:04, 6:00, 6:15. They need to work on consistency and getting over that mental block. Good job bro!

nike tn pas cher said...

TN chaussure Pas Cher ONa53R TN Requin Frabcshop mGh01y Free
Foot Locker TN Requin Chaussures De Course.TN chaussure Pas Cher P7W45t TN Requin Frabcshop P43572 Free Chaussures De Course.