Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Training update

Training has been going well. I'm managing 2 days in the weight room. 2 days is just about right because the weight workouts have been a killer.

On the bike, I've been managing 3 days at the pt. I haven't been riding with the group only because I've been concentrating on doing just nice even tempo. I may join the group once a week only to work on some of the higher intensity stuff, but it's only November so I'm in no hurry.

On the weekends, I've been doing long 8-12 mile runs on Saturday. Sunday I either join the Sunday ride out of Old Town or do my own thing. Weekend rides last no longer than 3hours right now. That's really it on the training end. Nothing exciting to report.

Oh yeah, its been butt ass cold here the last couple days. I've pussed out the last two days on the Buell Motorcycle commuting in. I have my winter gear but it takes me flippin 20 minutes to slap all that shit on. I'd rather sit in my truck and listen to Howard Stern on Sirius.

All for now.

2 comments:

Kyle Jones said...

You should have ended it with eric the midgets "bye for now." I might be able to hit the sunday ride in a few weeks. Just getting back on the bike.

Fatguy Racer said...

I feel for ya. When i gear up in the winter I feel like im suiting up for a space flight to do a 25 min commute. But god I do love riding my moto. Too bad I hav'nt been on it in 7 weeks.

If you havnt got one, Get a Gerbing jacket and/or gloves and a thermo stat. They will change you outlook on winter riding.